A relative of mine came over last night for one more visit before heading back out of town. It was good to see her and get to talk to her about what is going on in her life. As I listened to her and engaged in the conversation we quickly fell into a topic that we have a common interest in and as I have had this blog on my mind, I instantly thought about how I could turn this topic into an ebook product.
Think about it….how many conversations do you have everyday? For those that are looking for that big idea, please don’t overthink this process. Having a great idea is more about just keeping an open mind and having the awareness to think about things in the context of a writing project.
Here are some main category ideas:
- Documenting a process or training topic – think about the possibility of a training guide on playing the piano, or learning the guitar or another topic that could be taught in a step by step format.
- “How To” resources – we have all seen the guides on how to lose weight, how to easily whiten your teeth, how to work from home…etc.
- Template resources – these are very popular ebook resources that could include a template or set of templates for reports, or documents that will save the buyer time from creating their own resource from scratch.
- Compilation resources – this could be a cookbook or recipe guide for a particular niche.
- Expert resources – perhaps you have a special skill or knowledge in a particular area. It could be that you have a job that gives you insight into a particular topic of interest to others or perhaps you have a special skill that you could show or train to others.
As you can see I have only listed a few but there are numerous formats for an ebook style resource that you can create. Having these category ideas in mind as you have conversations or as you brainstorm will help you really focus in on something worth writing about.
Special Key Tip: if you don’t take anything else away from this post please remember this one thing – no matter what ebook, video, guide or other resource you decide to put together, IT MUST solve a problem for someone. If your resource solves a problem, saves someone time, saves them money, helps them get rid of acne…whatever it is, if you can solve a problem for someone then your resource will have instant value for everyone with that problem.
Good luck generating those ideas!